Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things are looking up

After such a "down" post yesterday, just wanted to let you all know that things are both settling down and looking up around here. Thank you all for your comments and prayers and for checking in with me today. The encouragement really means a lot.

Maximus told me today, "Momma, my hurts are gone!" I guess that translates to "I'm feeling better," which I am so thankful for.
His eye still looks terrible, but I've had him in to see two doctors (we took him in again this morning to see an eye doctor at the advice of a friend who's a nurse) and neither of them seemed alarmed about it. They each just gave me a different type of eye goo (the technical medical term) to put in his eye, so please pray with me that it will look better and feel better soon!

I'm glad we seem to have weathered the past 48 hours and are on the up-swing. I think that several hard things just hit us at once and we all felt a little helpless to fix the hurts all around us in this family. I guess that's because we were helpless to fix everything. But I have been reminded again that we are children of the God of all comfort, and he has certainly continued to show us his grace even in the low moments.

2 comments:

the schilps said...

"may the God of all hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may ABOUND IN HOPE by the power of the holy spirit." rom 15:13
i love you rissa. i have been praying His presence to be thick and heavy upon your family today.
abbe

Unknown said...

so glad to hear some storm clouds are passing! You continue to be on my mind and in my prayers. love you much,
Sarah