Monday, June 16, 2008

Speaking of Daddies....

... Maximus and Maggie are missing theirs! (And I am really missing Lucas, too!). Today Maximus and I were sitting at my parent's kitchen table, and he looked up at the family photo on the wall and said, "I see a picture of Daddy."

Then he thought for a minute and then quietly said,

"My daddy is yost (lost)."

It was so sweet and sad. I told him not to worry because his daddy was not lost, he was just at work and will be back in a few days. We called Lucas on the phone so Max could hear his voice. Considering how Maximus jabbered on to Lucas forever, the phone call seemed to help.

In other news, we had to take Maximus to the doctor this morning. His poor little body can't seem to handle changing geographic regions. We have to go to the doctor every time we travel. This time, he had allergies that turned into an ear and eye infection. His temperature was 103 when they took it at the dr.'s office this morning, and he was throwing up early this morning. I'm eager to get these antibiotics into him and get him well ASAP! If you think about it, please pray that it won't be too much of a battle getting him to take the medicine and the eye drops. He doesn't have the best track record with such endeavors. :-)

No comments: