Saturday, September 06, 2008

More Conversations with Maximus

So perhaps I shouldn't post this, but I just have to. Hopefully Maximus will forgive me when he's 13 and this is still floating around the Blogosphere.

[Maximus building robots out of his Mega Bloks.]

Maximus: This robot's name is "Teener."
Me: Oh, that's an interesting name. Which robots are nice robots?
Maximus: This yellow robot is a nice robot.
Me: Which robots are big boys and go pee-pee in the potty?
Maximus the monologuer: These robots aren't boys, they're just robots. They don't go pee-pee in the potty. They got no potties. They got no bottoms. They got no peanuts.

So much for teaching correct vocabulary for anatomical parts. "Peanuts" it is.

5 comments:

the schilps said...

that is really funny. i like it. perhaps "peanuts" will become our term with asher, as well :)
love you.
abbe

Anonymous said...

BAAAAAA! AAAAAA! Oh my heck. That is wild. We have "bo-bo's" - another story, another day.

-rygate

Anonymous said...

Hey Cherissa!
I love you blog!! I love your stories...I love your pictures... I love your family! And I miss you all, by the way. You have a beautiful family, and you are blessed... even though sometimes that's not at the top of your mind.
Hope to see you all soon...
love you all,
judy

Anonymous said...

Your mom and I are enjoying the pictures and stories.

Thanks for taking time to post them for everyone!

Dad!

Anonymous said...

we laughed pretty hard over this one. funny stuff. keep sharing!
love ya,
tina