Saturday, April 04, 2009

Good Days

Today is our second day here in Arkansas with my parents, and I am so happy to be able to say that my mom is enjoying good days. She is tired and can't do too much before resting, but she is not in much pain and we are grasping every single sweet moment as the gift that it is. On Wednesday we were all fearing that mom might not have any more active days ahead, but we have been surprised with the sweetest of gifts: one good day at a time.

The outpouring of love and support and prayer to our family and to Lucas and me personally has been overwhelming. Thank you, everyone, for the calls, e-mails, facebook messages, blog comments and visits. We are really, really blessed to not be walking this path alone. I haven't been able to return all calls and e-mails yet because I am just trying to enjoy every moment with my mom, but I want you to know that you are greatly appreciated.

Lucas and Max will be coming to Arkansas soon, and we are eager for the entire family to be here together. We are hoping and praying that mom's energy and health hold up long enough for us all to enjoy  Easter weekend together. We're trying to think of some ways to make it extra special!

1 comment:

Cindy McLean said...

I am so happy to see your folks enjoying the Spring weather and each other. It is so apparent in their faces! I have strep so not being able to enjoy these warm few days is tough! Glad others can though. PS LOVE THE FUGAL SITE!