Saturday, April 25, 2009

Conversations with Maximus


Me: Maximus, I love you! I want you to know that there's nothing you can do to make me love you more. And there's nothing you can do to make me love you less. I love you no matter what.

Maximus: Um, I don't know what that means. Mommy, will you tell me what that means?

Me: Sure. Let's think about it this way: you know there are some things I really like you to do, like choosing to obey and having a happy heart. But even if you don't do those things, I will still love you. Even though it makes me the most happy if you do choose to do those things, I will still love you even if you don't. I love you no matter what.

Maximus: Am I your grandson!?

Apparently this little guy has a mental link between grandparents and unconditional love. A pretty smart deduction, if you ask me. :-)

3 comments:

Allison Bellomy said...

smart little dude! :) cute!

Fred Love said...

Ha! love that reasoning

Lisi said...

Tee-hee, that was pretty good.