Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Grandpapa and Grandmama

We are really thankful to be settled back into our own home after 7 weeks "on the road" with Max and Maggie. We had an incredible visit with my parents in Arkansas– precious time that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Even though we are glad to be home, it was hard to say goodbye to my parents. Maximus and Maggie both got pretty attached to them during our stay. And from my parents' perspective: "These little ones just have a way of weaving themselves into your heart," as my mom put it.  It was hard for mom and dad to see us go, too, although I know they must be happy to have their home back to themselves!

Here are a few pics of our last night in Arkansas. Maggie was already asleep, but I let Max stay up extra late to visit with Grandpapa when he got home from work.

Thank you, Dad and Mom, for the wonderful and selfless way that you hosted us for such a long visit. We love you!


Max tells Grandpapa goodnight.


Grandpapa shows Maximus pictures from our trip to the "Ocean Blue."

Grandmama and Max draw one more picture together.

Almost time for bed! We had so many fun memories from these holidays in Arkansas!

No comments: