Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Conversations with Max

(Today I took max to the pediatrician for his 8-year-old check up. The Dr. mentioned that Lucas and I should not wait too long to have what he called the "Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll" conversation. I thought Max might have some questions about that so I brought it up on the way home.)

Mom: Max, did you have any questions about what the Dr. had to say?

Max:  Yes. What did he mean about the rock music? He said something about that the conversation should only take two minutes?

Mom: He was talking about some of the conversations that your dad and I are going to be having with you as you are growing up from a little boy to a teenager to a man. While you are growing up, you are going to be making more and more choices about what you  will do with your body, your mind and heart. The Dr. was reminding your dad and I to make sure you have all the information you need and also to make sure that you know we are the ones you can come to with absolutely any question or anything you don't understand, and we will always tell you the truth. 

Max: Mom, I do have one more question, but it's about a different subject. I don't know how to ask this. I'm not sure what words to say because I don't want to be disrespectful to God. 

Mom: It's okay. Being respectful to God is mostly about the attitude of your heart, so you don't have to worry as much about which words to say when you are really honoring God in your heart. I can tell you are doing that- you can go ahead and ask."

Max: If God is so powerful, why doesn't He just destroy sin?

< crickets chirping >

Max: Is it one of the mysteries? I've asked you this question before but it just keeps coming back to me...

Mom: That's a really good question. And You're right- there is a lot about that question that is a mystery to us, because God's true Word says in Isaiah that God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts and His ways are higher than our ways. Remember how your Dad told you it's kind of like an ant trying to understand everything about our world- science, art, politics, business, economics, government- an ant could never understand all that! Maybe 99% of your question is a mystery and 1% we can understand from what God has told is in His Word. 

Max: What's the 1%?

Mom: Well... One thing that we know is that God didn't want to create robots- he wanted us to love Him and obey Him because we chose to, not because He programmed us to love Him. Imagine if your mom was a robot... And every time I told you "I love you," you knew it was only because I was programmed to say it. That wouldn't mean as much, would it?

Max: No...

Mom: The other thing I know about the answer to your question is what I learned when I was in India. While I was there, I saw so many terrible, evil things- and I was asking the same question as you: "God, how can you allow this evil to go on and on?!" And you know what God showed me in His Word?

Max: What?

Mom: He showed me that our God is SO patient and SO kind, and He does not want anyone to perish but wants everyone to have the opportunity to believe and have eternal life. So because he is so patient and kind, He is holding back His wrath and His anger at sin so more people have the chance to believe.  In India, I saw many, many people bowing down and worshipping false gods. Many of them don't know about Jesus yet. 

Max: Did you tell them about Jesus?

Mom: No, I was doing other work. 

Max: (incredulous) WHY NOT??!!

Mom: Good question. Maybe I should have tried to find a way. But God is patient, and that's one of the reasons he hasn't destroyed all evil. He's giving us more time. Because He is powerful enough to destroy sin and make everything right again and HE WILL, and once that happens there won't be any more chance for more people to believe in Him. 

Max: The clock's ticking. 

Mom:  Yep. It could even be today that He comes back!

Max: But I think it will be more like a hundred years. He's leaving more time for more missionaries to go. 

Mom: And maybe you will be one of those who goes! Or maybe you will be a scientist like you've been thinking about- and you can tell the people you work with about Jesus. 

Max: Yes, that is my first idea. I really want to be a scientist and find the cure for the not-going-away kind of cancer. 

(.... And then we were on to another lengthy discussion about terminal cancer. :-). )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am giving this testimony cos l am happy My name is mrs. Dona Smith from Houston,taxes.i never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once. when i went to Africa in December this year on a business summit. i ment a man called dr. ADAGBA.He is powerful he could help you cast a spells to bring back my love’s gone,misbehaving lover looking for some one to love you, bring back lost money and magic money spell or spell for a good job.i’m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 2 years… i really loved him, but his mother was against me and he had no good paying job. so when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him..at first i was undecided,skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. and in 6 days when i returned to taxes, my boyfriend (is now my husband ) he called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married..i didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do… well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid,and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better. in case anyone needs the spell caster for some help, email address adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com Great ADAGBAi thank you very much thank you in 1000000 times.. if not you i would have been losted and wasted thank you. please make sure you contact him for any financial difficulties okay.. What a powerful man such as Dr ADAGBA.. he is so much powerful..\\ email him for any difficulties.. adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com
yrigevi we

Anonymous said...

My Name is AZIBA OLUBOISE. I never believed in Love Spells or Magics until I met this special spell caster when i contact this man called shakesspear23@yahoo.com Execute some business..He is really powerful..My wife divorce me with no reason for almost 4 years and i tried all i could to have her back cos i really love her so much but all my effort did not work out.. we met at our early age at the college and we both have feelings for each other and we got married happily for 5 years with no kid and she woke up one morning and she told me she’s going on a divorce..i thought it was a joke and when she came back from work she tender to me a divorce letter and she packed all her loads from my house..i ran mad and i tried all i could to have her back but all did not work out..i was lonely for almost 4 years…So when i told the spell caster what happened he said he will help me and he asked for her full name and her picture..i gave him that..At first i was skeptical but i gave it a try cos have tried so many spell casters and there is no solution…so when he finished with the readings,he got back to me that she’s with a man and that man is the reason why she left me…The spell caster said he will help me with a spell that will surely bring her back.but i never believe all this…he told me i will see a positive result within 3 days..3 days later,she called me herself and came to me apologizingI NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE SPELLS UNTIL I MET THIS WORLD'S TOP SPELL CASTER. HE IS REALLY POWERFUL AND COULD HELP CAST SPELLS TO BRING BACK ONE'S GONE,LOST,MISBEHAVING LOVER AND MAGIC MONEY SPELL OR SPELL FOR A GOOD JOB.I'M NOW HAPPY & A LIVING TESTIMONY COS THE WOMAN I HAD WANTED TO MARRY LEFT ME 2 WEEKS BEFORE OUR WEDDING AND MY LIFE WAS UPSIDE DOWN COS OUR RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ON FOR 2YEARS... I REALLY LOVED HIM, BUT HIS MOTHER WAS AGAINST US AND HE HAD NO GOOD PAYING JOB. SO WHEN I MET THIS SPELL CASTER, I TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED AND EXPLAINED THE SITUATION OF THINGS TO HIM..AT FIRST I WAS UNDECIDED,SKEPTICAL AND DOUBTFUL, BUT I JUST GAVE IT A TRY. AND IN 7 DAYS WHEN I RETURNED TO USA, MY GIRLFRIEND(NOW WIFE) CALLED ME BY HERSELF AND CAME TO ME APOLOGIZING THAT EVERYTHING HAD BEEN SETTLED WITH HIS MOM AND FAMILY AND SHE GOT A NEW JOB INTERVIEW SO WE SHOULD GET MARRIED..I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT COS THE SPELL CASTER ONLY ASKED FOR MY NAME AND MY GIRLFRIENDS NAME AND ALL I WANTED HIM TO DO... WELL WE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED NOW AND WE ARE EXPECTING OUR LITTLE KID,AND MY WIFE ALSO GOT THE NEW JOB AND OUR LIVES BECAME MUCH BETTER. IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS THE SPELL CASTER FOR SOME HELP, HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS;shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com ......HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT OUR OPPORTUNITY ... CONTACT THIS GREAT SPELL CASTER VIA EMAIL:shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com...